Who are you and what do you do?
• We are the UK’s leading utility consultancy. We have been running since 1999 and are based in the West Midlands but we operate nationwide.
• One of the main ideas behind Powersave Direct Ltd is that we are a time saving exercise for you and your clients, so you don’t need to get involved with the utility companies as we do that all for you. You can read more about the benefits we offer here.
• Just to make you aware we are not a multi utility company. We are utility consultants and our involvement is to work on behalf of yourselves to deal with the utility companies and to project manage the installations required for your new projects.
What services do you provide?
• For tendering projects we offer a full feasibility service of obtaining associated budget quotations for the new incoming supplies, capacity check information and existing utility drawings from all of the utility companies in the development area, along with our Powersave Direct Ltd summary report.
• For permanent / live projects we will coordinate the new incoming connections; temporary builders and landlord supplies; disconnections and diversions of gas; water; electricity and BT supplies to any domestic or commercial project, with a maximum of speed, professionalism and effort.
What does the permanent service include for?
• Prepare and submit applications to each utility company
• Obtain associated quotations from each utility company
• Provide quotations in Powersave Direct format to yourselves
• Provide working drawings of utility companies works (where possible)
• Provide works specifications for each utility company
• Place orders with each utility company
• Register MPAN’s and MPRN’s with a reputable supplier
• Obtain all work plan dates
• Provide reporting on a fortnightly basis following acceptance of the utility companies’ proposals
• Attend a site meeting if required
• Undertake liaison with each utility company
• Provide support to both your site and office based staff
• Arrange for change of tenancies to be registered with a reputable supplier
What are the benefits of using your company as opposed to doing it ourselves?
• Cost savings
• An expert project management team
• Excellent lines of communication
• Alleviating the pain and frustration of dealing with utilities
• One point of contact
• An experienced professional service
• Our established contacts within the industry
• A dedicated, tailor-made facility
• A customer focused operation
• Lower overhead costs
• A lighter in-house workload
• More time to spend on other areas of your project
• A user-friendly service
• A low cost high quality solution
• Once the applications have been submitted, we aim to obtain them back for you asap via our project managers within all the various utility companies nationwide. The lead times issued to you are the standard lead times set by each of the utility companies which we have to make you aware of.
• We will aim to provide you with the most competitive individual and multi utility quotations available for your project size. We will look at where they have chosen the points of connections from and refer to similar project fees to make sure you are provided with the best price quotations.
• Once you are ready to place the orders, we will do all that for you and aim to get the earliest connection dates possible.
• You will have excellent lines of communication between all parties involved and will be assigned a team member within our project management team to look after your development. They will be on hand to answer any questions you have throughout the project and to provided regular update reports when needed.
How do you price for the works? (Our Powersave management fee)
• We treat each project individually and build our management fee on what’s required for that project. This is based on the number of plots or units which are to be built, what new connections are required, if there are any temporary builders supplies needed, etc.
• We have an upfront management fee for each project with no hidden charges.
• You will be fully aware of our involvement and what we will be reasonable for before anything is submitted to the utility companies.
• With regards to our management fee, we do not require payment straight away. Our management fee payment is due once all the quotations have been forwarded on to you and we tie up all payments at the same time as accepting the utility quotations.
What information do you require from us to get a proposal?
For tendering / feasibility projects we require:
• The full site address and postcode
• A brief description of the project and what is to be built
• What existing utilities plans you require? (Gas/Water/Sewerage/Electric/BT/Cable)
• Which budget quotations you require for the new incoming supplies? (Gas/Water/Electric)
• Site layout / location plan, plus any other information which you feel may benefit us.
Obtain a quote here.
For Permanent / live projects we require:
• The full site address and postcode
• A brief description of the project
• What new connections you are requiring on site? (Gas / Water / Electric / BT)
• Will you be requiring any temporary builder’s supplies of water and electric?
• If there are any disconnection or diversions required on site? If so, please name what utilities need disconnecting / diverting and how many?
• Site location plan / Site layout plan plus another information which you feel may benefit us
Obtain a quote here.
What do we do if we want to proceed with your proposal?
• If you would like to proceed with our Powersave proposal, all we require sending back to us is our signed acceptance form, signed letter of authority (on your company letterhead) and Signed T’s and C’s which can all be sent via scanned PDF email to speed up the process or be sent to us via post.
• Once we have received all the above documents, we will drop you a quick conformation email and will begin working on the project applications straight away for you. We require our signed letter of authority on your company letterhead to confirm to the utility companies that you are happy for us to obtain the relevant quotes on your behalf.